Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Junkyard Goodies!

Went down to Upullandpay today and grabbed a couple of quick things for the Edgar, (what I've affectionately named this car, was my high school german name and given I've wanted this car since high school and it's german I felt it appropriate.) First was this turn signal and wiper control. Early in the restoration I fixed the speedometer, and odometer as the needle had broken off and in the process managed to have the spring fly out of the wiper control assembly at a million miles an hour. After looking for it for a hour or so, I gave up and pulled the spring from a clicky pen and inserted it, after trimming the spring to where I wanted it, it worked okay, but whenever I hit a pothole the wiper would come on! I decided that for 15 bucks one at the junkyard with the correct spring may work a little better!


Also found a new turn signal for $3.99. Pretty stoked as the original didn't work and the plastic mounts had became brittle and broken off leaving nothing to mount to the car and the inside reflective shield looked like this:


New front turn signal installed and ready to go.


No comments:

Post a Comment