Wednesday, September 18, 2013

A Poor Man's Porsche

So here's the thing a little about me and how I came upon this Porsche 944. It began this summer when I would get home from work and feel a little on the bored side of life and want something to do other than waste time sitting on the Internet. My birthday was coming around I had always wanted a Porsche 944. When I was 16 or so a friend of mine had an 86' 944 that was in pretty rough shape but was willing to sell it to me for cheap and I was stoked. However, momma didn't think it was the best idea for a 16 year old speed demon to own a Porsche as a first car (honestly can't say I didn't blame her)  so my brother and I ended up with a 77' Cadillac Sedan Devile, it was totally BA in its own right, especially after the plastic spinners, rattle can flames and 8 track player fully stocked with Barry Manalow albums. But my mind has always since drifted back to the Porsche though.

Fast forward 12 years later and all my talk about a 944 had gotten to my wife and bless her heart but she found one on Craiglist that we could afford and asked me if I was interested in going down to see it. Anyway a Sunday afternoon we went down to check it out, it was cheap a little on the rough side and not much worked except some rolling wheels, but it was soon to be mine and a project to boot. We scraped a little money from everywhere and soon I was driving this rattley old Porsche back to Denver from the Springs praying it wouldn't break down along the way.

 So here's the thing about me, before buying this car I haven't ever so much as changed the oil on a car much less tore one apart and rebuilt it. So this will be a blog about a complete and total novice rebuilding a car. I'll documenting on here all the repairs I do on her as I go feel free to read along if you want. Please be patient with posts as car parts are expensive and I have a pretty limited budget so repairs will be slow, however whether your a car enthusiast or not, I hope it will inspire you to do something you've never done before! Go out seize the day and stay tuned as I go through the oddessey of re doing this 944.

No comments:

Post a Comment